The Gran Café Bib-Rambla was founded in the early XX century, and today is the oldest café in Granada, since it has been uninterruptedly open since 1907. From that very same year, it has occupied the same location at Bib-Rambla Square 3, where it has gone through several remodelings.
According to old Chronicles, Bib-Rambla Square was run down and abandoned, but since the Bib-Rambla Café opened, it turned the whole square into a busy, trendy place. In 1997, the outside dining area was completely remodelled, earning a price and an official distinction given by Granada’s City Hall in 1999 “for its incalculable contribution to the embellishment of the city´s public spaces”.
The Bib-Rambla Square is located in the historical and artistic centre of the city of Granada, surrounded by numerous monuments of cultural interest, such as the cathedral, the Royal Chapel, the Madraza Palacem and El Corral del Carbón. It is also in close proximity to the emblematic Albaycín neighbourhood and at the feet of the Al-Hambra´s hill… And the Gran Café Bib-Rambla, an ideal place to enjoy a rest while you visit our beloved city… A coffee shop between the linden trees.
The Gran Café Bib-Rambla mission, kept since its foundation in 1907, is maintaining the highest quality of its produce and products, guaranteeing the best service to the city and the tourism that visits it, pioneering in any innovations that happen on the hospitality field.
The Gran Café Bib-Rambla is one of the businesses taking part on the SICTED project by Granada’s City Hall, which aims to ensure greater standards of quality, such as proper management of human resources, materials used, the organisation, coordination, information and commercialisation and the environmental footprint.
Numerous prices and distinctions push us to improve every day:
* City Hall´s distinction for its contribution to the embellishment of public spaces 1999
* Chamber of commerce´s price to the tourism and hospitality 2003
* City Hall´s tourism prestige price 2004
* City Hall´s distinction to the touristic quality 2005
* Imagen de Granada Price to the best Business image 2007
* The Provincial Federation of Hospitality and Tourism Businesses of Granada Distinction for its 100 year anniversary 2007
* City Hall´s Diploma al Mérito por la Ciudad de Granada 2008
* City Hall´s Price to the embellishment of balconies with regards to the Santísimo Corpus Christi festivities 2010·2012·2013